COVID 19 Sanitation
Amidst the ongoing pandemic, the need for a deep thorough cleaning has become more evident. For the safety of your family, your customers, and yourself, we offer complete COVID 19 Sanitation using the most current methods available. In these unprecedented times and as part of the effort to help businesses impacted by COVID-19, Precise Carpet and Tile Services is responding to the current global pandemic by offering a professional cleaning and sanitizing solution for businesses and facilities.
The virus that causes COVID-19 can land on surfaces. It’s possible for people to become infected if they touch those surfaces and then touch their nose, mouth, or eyes. In most situations, the risk of infection from touching a surface is low. The most reliable way to prevent infection from surfaces is to regularly wash hands or use hand sanitizer.
Cleaning and disinfecting surfaces can also reduce the risk of infection. Precise Carpet and Tile Services is here to help!!
When to Clean and When to Disinfect
Cleaning with products containing soap or detergent reduces germs on surfaces by removing contaminants and may also weaken or damage some of the virus particles, which decreases risk of infection from surfaces.
If there has been a sick person or someone who tested positive for COVID-19 in your facility within the last 24 hours, you should clean AND disinfect the space. In some of these situations, professional cleaning services may be needed. Precise Carpet and Tile Services is here to help you get through all of your cleaning needs.
Cleaning High-Touch Surfaces
Clean high-touch surfaces at least once a day or as often as determined is necessary. Examples of high-touch surfaces include: pens, counters, shopping carts, tables, doorknobs, light switches, handles, stair rails, elevator buttons, desks, keyboards, phones, toilets, faucets, and sinks.
Protect Yourself and Other Cleaning Staff
- Ensure cleaning staff are trained on the proper use of cleaning (and disinfecting, if applicable) products.
- Wear gloves for all tasks in the cleaning process.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds after cleaning. Be sure to wash your hands immediately after removing gloves.
- If hands are visibly dirty, always wash hands with soap and water.
- If soap and water are not available and hands are not visibly dirty, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol, and wash with soap and water as soon as you can.
- Special considerations should be made for people with asthma. Some cleaning and disinfection products can trigger asthma.
Disinfect Safely When Needed
You may determine that regular disinfection may be needed…
- If your disinfectant product label does not specify that it can be used for both cleaning and disinfection, clean visibly dirty surfaces with soap or detergent before disinfection.
- If disinfectants for Coronavirus (COVID-19) are not available, bleach solutions can be used if appropriate for the surface.
- Always take necessary safety precautions.
- Ensure adequate ventilation while using the product.
- Wear gloves. Gloves should be removed carefully to avoid contamination of the wearer and the surrounding area. Additional PPE, such as glasses or goggles, might be required depending on the cleaning/disinfectant products being used and whether there is a risk of splash.
- OR better yet…call Precise Carpet And Tile Services. Our technicians are trained for these exact situations. We will come into your facility or home and ensure that proper cleaning and disinfection of the entire location is done so that it is safe for you and all that enter.
Clean and Disinfect Specific Types of Surfaces
Soft surfaces such as carpet, rugs, and drapes
- Clean the surface using a product containing soap, detergent, or other type of cleaner appropriate for use on these surfaces. Precise Carpet and Tile are experts in cleaning all your soft surfaces. From carpets to upholstery, We have got you covered for all your sanitation needs.
- Launder items (if possible) according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Use the warmest appropriate water setting and dry items completely.
While cleaning and disinfecting
- Open doors and windows and use fans or HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning) settings to increase air circulation in the area.
- Focus on the immediate areas occupied by the person who is sick or diagnosed with COVID-19 unless they have already been cleaned and disinfected.
- Vacuum the space if needed. Use a vacuum equipped with a high-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) filter and bags, if available.
The Precise Method
For the safety of your family and staff everyone here at Precise Carpet and Tile adhere to the most recent CDC guidelines while in your home or office.
As an “essential business”, Precise Carpet LLC is implementing and enforcing the following regulations to employees and customers safe during this COVID 19 global pandemic in all Precise Services LLC locations and service providers locations:
- Symptom and temperature checks are conducted daily
- Hand washing stations throughout building with ample supplies available
- Hand Sanitizer available in multiple places across offices
- Disinfecting wipes and spray available to be used as often as necessary
- EPA grade disinfecting spray and fog in addition to routine housekeeping services in buildings and company vehicles
- Employees who are sick or have symptoms are required to stay home
- Employees are required to stay in their own workspaces and practice social distancing
- Meetings have been moved to digital or over-the-phone
- Employees are encouraged to practice respiratory etiquette, including covering coughs and sneezes
- Employees are encouraged to not touch eyes, nose, or mouth
- Employees are encouraged to shelter in place/stay at home when not at work
- Flexible worksites available when appropriate
- All Carpet Tech buildings are locked and shut down to outside guests along with a physical barrier present for those who are allowed to enter the office
- Specialized negative pressure ventilation installed in lobby of the corporate office
- Employees who are out in the public are provided with full hazmat suits, gloves, goggles, and masks to use when needed *
- Essential employees have required documentation to provide when necessary (essential employee letter)
- Able to implement shift work as necessary to avoid interaction
- Providing up to date education and training on COVID-19 risk factors, and protective behaviors
- Training employees who need to use protective equipment on how to put it on, wear/use it, take it off, and properly dispose of it*
*Guidelines specific to technicians